Modern manufacturing is facing a number of key challenges: a shortage in skilled labor, quickly advancing technologies, and global competition. The 2019 State of Manufacturing Tour is for, and about, Tennessee’s manufacturing workers. TMA will provide updates on the successes and challenges that are facing manufacturers today, including more information on industry 4.0 and Advanced Manufacturing.
The 2019 Tennessee Manufacturing Association statewide tour will kick-off on August 20 with 9 stops focused in our state’s most manufacturing-concentrated counties. TMA is partnering with local chambers and manufacturers to host these forums, which provide updates and discussion regarding important policy topics impacting small, medium, and large-size manufacturers.
TMA Roadshow Tour Schedule:
- August 20 – Chattanooga (7:30 am ET) | Southern Champion Tray
- August 22 – Cleveland (7:30 am ET) | Resolute Forest Products
- August 27 – Knoxville (7:30 am ET) | Flowers Baking Company
- August 28 – Jackson (8:00 am CT) | Jackson Chamber
- August 29 – Memphis (7:30 am CT) | Smith & Nephew
- September 4 – Franklin (7:30 am CT) | MARS Petcare
- September 5 – Maryville (7:30 am ET) | DENSO Manufacturing
- September 11 – Nashville (7:30 am CT) U.S. Smokeless Tobacco
- September 13 – Dickson (7:30 am CT) | Nemak USA
Registration is required. Register online here.