“TNCN provided our employees with insight on the Chinese business culture, which was essential to helping us gain the trust of our Chinese clients.”
Sebastian Ward, Nanomechanics, Inc.
Cultural misunderstandings and communication difficulties can be major challenges for Tennessee companies doing business with China and for Chinese companies invested in Tennessee. Often when something is going wrong with your China business and you don’t know why, the problem can be traced to cultural misunderstanding – from simple language miscommunication to more challenging differences in management style and business practices.
TN-China Network (TNCN) helps companies navigate intercultural communication issues through tailored, private intercultural communication training and consultations for companies, as well as through periodic training events that are open to the public.
Training topics can include, but are not limited to, the following:
Protocol & Etiquette
- Business card exchange
- Meeting and banquet seating
- Cultural differences in meetings
- Interpretation tips
- Cultural differences in eating
- Differences in tolerance of failure
- High-context versus low context cultures
- Indirect versus direct communication
- Collective versus individualistic cultures
- Language difficulties
- Specific tips for identifying and navigating these issues in TN-China business
- Gift giving
- Karaoke culture
- Cultural differences related to contracts
- Cultural differences related to negotiations
- Any other cultural topics of interest to your company
Prices for training vary depending on the length of the training requested and the number of people to be trained. To inquire about scheduling a training, please contact Elizabeth Rowland at firstname.lastname@example.org or 865-387-7012.