Companies from across middle and east Tennessee attended the China Business Experts Roundtable on August 9, 2017. Hosted by TN-China Network and Georgia China Alliance, the event provided a great networking and learning opportunity for attendees and panelists alike. Over 40 people participated in the event, including senior executives from manufacturing, exporting, and importing companies as well as seasoned China legal, accounting, branding, and consulting experts.
The event opened with brief introductions from our expert panelists:
- Steven Gu, Director of US China Business Advisory Services at PYA
- Lei Fang, Partner at Jin & Fang law firm
- Jim Ebel, CEO of CenterBrain Partners brand consultancy
- Evian Qiu, Global Operations Associate at CenterBrain Partners
- Jenny Li, Sourcing Consultant at AsiaSource Company
- Raymond Liu, International Business Development Specialist at McKee Foods
Following introductions, the floor was opened to audience questions. The first question kicked off a discussion on developments in intellectual property protection in China. A question on marketing to Chinese consumers in the digital age led to comments from the panel on branding and positioning in China. The panel also covered sourcing and workforce challenges in China, among other topics raised by the audience.
For more photos from the event, see below.
Thank you to our event partner Tennessee Small Business Development Center, as well as our event sponsors CenterBrain Partners, PYA, and the City of Chattanooga for helping make this event possible.